Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Kristen Ashley has ruined me (in a good way)

So.

Kristen Ashley.

Best writer EVAH! As I have mentioned many times before in my previous blogs, I read tons of books. A few years ago, I stumbled onto one of KA's book. My life has never been the same since. I am not sure if she's just a magical creature who triggered the lifting of a sleeping spell I had been under?!?! After reading the first book of course, I had to read another just to verify for myself that she was, in fact, heaven sent. It was and still is true. She's magic.

KA's stories will suck you in! I have read ALL of the books. As a matter of fact, I just finished up Daisy and Marcus' pre-quel story. Yay! ((Don't worry!! No spoilers here!!)). I also want to make a note that I have read all of her books at least three times. Why do you ask? Because her books are SO great that when I try to pick up another author's work...my brain gets bored. It screams at me, "Girl, just go grab one of KA's books off your shelf! Don't even bother with this nonsense!" Ashley has truly found her calling.

Previously in an earlier blog, I mentioned the Rock Chick series. I'd like to take a quick-minute to mention the Fantasyland Series. My favorite of this series (and one of my two fave KA titles) is The Golden Dynasty. The book starts off fantastical and quite intense. When one wakea up in another world and realizes they're part of a wife hunt (the hunted) in a primitive setting, intense may be inadequate, but what a story! Trials, tribulations, physical and mental challenges, character strengths, love, compassion, loss...the two main characters have all of these qualities and experiences. I'd give this book 20 million lip smacks, but that would take time away from my getting back to another KA re-read. And that's SO not happening.








No comments:

Post a Comment