Thursday, August 10, 2017

it doesn't hurt so good

Ok, I try not to be a complainer. But, I think it is in human nature to do so when you're hurting. It's been almost a year now and I have been dealing with horrific physical pain. It is on and off. There is no rhyme or reason as to the cause. It's my back, sometimes my leg, sometimes my hip, butt, calf, any of the above sometimes all at the same time. Achy muscles as if I have been hit with a truck. It may last for hours, days or just minutes. Then there's the joint pain, shooting down the leg pains, bad back pain from sitting just the wrong way. I've tried physical exercises (prescribed by the doc). About 10 different meds, none of which are narcotics, because I am trying not to go there! We've done blood-work for Celiac, Lupus, Lyme, Rheumatoid, just about everything. Now I am getting referred to an orthopedic specialist. I've been to this office before for my osteo arthritis in my hands (and now carpal tunnel) and they are great. I just have to wait a month before I can get in. Meanwhile suffering. Meanwhile knowing that even when I get in there, it's unlikely I'll have an immediate solution. Who knows if they'll figure it out (I pray they do) and how long it will take??? So, of course for this extended period of agony, I am lacking sleep. Also, researching every corner of the internet for some kind of explanation. No avail. Meanwhile, my digestive system seemed to have taken a turn within the last year and I remember in my world-wide web ventures reading that gluten sensitivity (not celiac, actually celiac has less reported issues than regular sensitive patients, according to studies) that it can affect the muscular system. So, willing to try ANYTHING at this point, I did it. I do feel somewhat better after 30 days of the new diet. I still have some pain and they may not even be associated. But i didn't even realize how much discomfort my body was tolerating until I took the gluten out. So, at least that's something. To be continued once I get (hopefully) some results.

No comments:

Post a Comment