Tuesday, December 20, 2016

This world has me speechless sometimes

There are few words I don't like saying out loud, because let's face it, I have the mouth of a sailor. No apologies, I do what I want. But, there are more seriously offensive words, such as the "R" word. Racism. Yup. I don't like it. In fact I hate that word. I despise what it means. If people (of any nationality or skin color) could just treat each other as human beings that are all equal, we'd be cool. I realize there's no perfect world and this will never happen. But, it irks me knowing that not one person on this planet is full-blooded anything. We are ALL mutts. Whether we believe in the big bang theory or Jesus or Mother Earth or whatever. We all came from the same place at one time and have evolved to today. People that are definitely ill-minded or live by sick and twisted thoughts are the reason we have racism. It is not something we are born with. It is taught. It is learned. It is instilled. It is drilled into a person's mind. Doesn't matter if it happens from a young age or just from peer pressure of being around those who have this thought process. What sick, demented person thinks because of your skin color that you're lesser of a person? I understand it, but I don't get it and I definitely don't like it. I hate hate. It drives me crazy. Anytime I witness someone attempting to take out a fellow man or woman because of color, I defend them as a sister in humanity.

Our planet is well on its way to another evolutionary change or just a plain means to an end...could be pollution, global warming, World Wars or all of these together. But, I'd rather die knowing I tried, even in a finite way, to unite us as a species. Divided we fall is more true than you think. When we come together and fight these bad decisions we're making as residents on this planet...we could probably prolong our existence. Then, you run into the issues of who makes the decisions? What if you can't all come to the same conclusion or agreement? This is the conundrum. We should come together to fight the destruction of our home as humans, BUT at the same time, that humanity is what diversifies us. We all think differently and that gives many solutions to one problem. But, not everyone can agree on the end decision. Sometimes it is pride and they believe their answer is "the one". Others rationalize the options and conclude which will probably have the best outcome. Then, we're back at square one. We're divided again. And round and round we go in the circle of life/food chain such as it is. Being human has great qualities and just as many disadvantages. That is another reason we will never overcome these obstacles ahead of us. It may not happen in my generation, but it's definitely coming. I am scared to death for my kids and theirs. I am pretty confident that humanity will be the reason for the end of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment