Tuesday, December 20, 2016

I don't want to forget

This is more or less a memoir to myself. I want to make sure there are certain and specific memories I don't forget. Such as, where my relationship began. My man asked me out on the O.V. Fishing Pier on August 8, 2016 at a last minute get together consisting of his family (my BFF is his sis) and other mutual friends, including his mother. He asked me to go to a friend's anniversary party a few weeks from then. I, of course, (maybe eagerly, lol) said yes! But, then the next day, he called and said he couldn't wait that long. So, we went on our true first date just one more day later, on the 10th. We went to a local Mexican restaurant, Azteca's. We both had Texas Margaritas the size of our heads with our meals. I could tell he was a little nervous (textbook fidgeting and sweaty palms) which he tells me now he's embarrassed that I even noticed. I thought it was sweet and funny. We've known each other since I was about 16 or 17...so I didn't really see what there was to be nervous about. Then again, maybe the Margarita helped me, who knows? After dinner, we weren't just ready to call it a night, so we went to hang at the Fishing Pier (they have a restaurant/bar) where we talked and laughed a lot. Eventually, his liquid courage must have built up because he suddenly pulled me forward bringing us close up and face to face. Then he kissed me! He had me grinning like a fool all night and everyday since.

That weekend, we went out of town with his sister and her man to their cousin's house. It was an adult only trip that she and I had been planning and the guys ended up tagging along and making it a couple's trip. The timing could not have been more impeccable. This gave us the time alone with no kids to really connect, talk and just be. Our trip was in the mountains, so we did a little hiking, found a nice watering hole (waterfall), drove up the side of a mountain which freaked me the flip out (unexpectedly). Not sure when I turned into such a wuss. We attended a local bluegrass festival, but found out when we got there it was the "religious" night...so there was no alcohol. It was a little dull but still interesting. All in all it was one of the best weekends I had experienced in a LONG time.

Soul mates. I have always had mixed feelings about soul mates. Are they truly real? I had deeply believed they existed when I was a teen and even a young adult. Then the life I was living in...no, that I was stuck in, cut that idea out with a jagged knife, balled it up and threw it in a huge sinkhole filled with fire. Lost for a long time. But, then I actually met mine. Yup, my soul mate. We finish each other's sentences, thoughts, dope rhymes and jokes! We think almost exactly the same. He and I are like two peas in a pod. We eat almost all of the same foods, except I don't eat seafood...because, well, that's gross... Same taste in music. Same thought processes. Same hobbies and interests. Same life goals...same frickin' desire for a mutha friggin wrap around porch. All of it. The whole shebang. I couldn't ask for a more perfect guy. He cooks (which is great, cuz not really my thing, even tho as a mom, I do what I must). He cleans. He does laundry. He will give you the shirt off his back. He has mad skills at making me laugh. He defends me. He lets me have my disco naps. He does not speak to me before caffeine. My kids get along splendidly with him, as they have known him their entire lives (tho I would like to note that they are older teens and still call him Booby and Barbie and dish him a daily ration of shite). I plan on living life with him through thick and thin. Whether we're rich, broke, full, starving, smelling good or funky and foul...He's a dream man and he's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment