Bucket lists. What are they good for? Absolutely - - EVERYTHING!
I have been working on creating life goals and things I want to do before I am either too old to do them or I've kicked the bucket. Ergo, the bucket list.
I of course have grand plans of visiting foreign countries, seeing historic landmarks, doing further research on my family tree, trying their native foods and of course, checkout the local "fave spots". But , I am REALLY trying to come up with the simple things in life that everyone should make a point to do. Such as what, do you ask? Well, here are a few things...
1. Do a trash clean-up in your neighborhood or your local beach or park
2. Get a book signed by your favorite author. (I did that this year, thanks to my boo-boo for taking me to MD, to meet the ever great Kristen Ashley!)
3. Have a paint balloon war with adults and/or kids.
4. Go geo-caching
5. Write your own regrets then flush or burn them.
6. Leave an inspirational message for a stranger to find.
7. Spend all day hi-fiving random strangers.
8. Learn to identify 5 constellations.
9. Take a weekend and go to a hundred-mile yard-sale or just antiquing.
10. Attend a comi-con.
11. Go on a skeet shoot.
12. Ride on a motorcycle.
13. Pay a stranger's bill.
14. Use a fake name at Starbucks.
Just some random shite. It's the little things that don't take much to do...and are typically inexpensive or free. You don't stress out over small bucket list items because you don't generally have to travel far (cheap, no planning really, zero stress), you can invite local friends to join you since you won't be hundreds of miles away and you don't waste "time-off" from work, since most of these can be done in a day.
I am all about zero stress but still having a good time. I especially prefer to involve the kids, when possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment