You know...I have always been a sneakers kind of gal. As far as I can remember, I never really even wanted the plastic high heels when I was a little girl. This may have something to do with the fact that I grew up around all boys. I was more of a barefoot and G.I. Joe girl.
But, I now have an addiction to boots. I think this began when I was around 14 or 15. I have cowgirl boots, leather boots, biker boots, winter boots, snow boots, high heeled night on the town boots, around the house boots and more. I don't know why that is. My kids pull me in the opposite direction that ANY boots may pop up unexpectedly.
I have a secret admiration for heels, though. I like to look at them. I wish I would wear them more often, but, as stated in one of my previous blogs, I wear comfort clothes. Not that I couldn't intermingle the two. I do have a pair of heeled wedges and a pair of high heeled clog style shoes. They're no Stilettos, probably not even long-distance cousins. But, I love to look at Stilettos! I wish I could pull those off. I wish I could wear them without the outer-appearance of a robot. I wish I had the style and wardrobe to pull of the Stilettos! But, alas, no. I am way too casual for that. I am okay with that though.
When buying shoes, you should always factor in comfort. Many people will say comfort-shmumfort! It's all about the appearance! Nay! Not everyone has super healthy joints or hereditary genes of a durable doll. They can do serious damage to your knees, joints, back and so much more. It's not something I ever even contemplated until I got older and started to feel the pain. That's why (much to my kids' dismay) I look for arch support and comfort. I will say, though...whatever Chuck Taylor did...he did it right. They're one of the few shoes styles I can wear and they don't hurt. High-five to CT!! You are not fired!
Flip-Flops are demon spawn. It is damned hard to find a comfortable pair with good support, that don't look like something my grandma would wear and that will LAST. I'd rather go barefoot.
Slippers. Why even? Nope. I'll wear a pair of socks before I wear slippers. They wear down too quick. They stretch too quick. Socks serve the same purpose. If it's an issue of running outside in the rain...I have BOOTS! Finito. The end!
No comments:
Post a Comment